I once felt I controlled my life
– now it’s controlling me.
I don’t know where I’m going
– or where I’ll finally be.
I walk a path I find is new
– I don’t know where it goes.
I simply watch the tide go out
– and see the way it flows.
The path that lays before me now
– is checkered by my past.
The ghosts are there of days long gone
– deep shadows they have cast.
The life I loved away back then
– differed in many ways.
The footprints left back in my past
– will trail my final days.
Hello cruel world, I’m here to join this circus.
- Follow a foolhardy florilegium on WordPress.com
Select a category
- 6,788 hits